Friday, November 13, 2009

Send Once Post to Many

With the growth of social networking and the many new blogs/networks one can join to talk about skiing and snowsports instructing, I've been trying to find a way to simply enter blog and social network once and have the entry posted to all the different locations. Here's a list of all the places I'd like a single post to show up:
  1. Self-Hosted Wordpress blog (www.rickboucher.com)
  2. Wordpress blog (rickboucher.wordpress.com)
  3. Blogger (rickboucher.blogspot.com)
  4. My Facebook personal profile
  5. Twitter (@ricky__b)
  6. My Snow Pro (mysnowpro.com)
  7. Ski Pro Connect (skiproconnect.com)
  8. My Monarch Space (Monarch's community space)
  9. My personal My Monarch Space (www.mymonarchspace.com)
  10. YouTube (www.youtube.com/rickboucher)
  11. Ski Sensei (www.skisensei.com)
  12. Posterous (rickyb.posterous.com)
  13. Flickr
  14. Picassa
I numbered them on purpose, and I think there might be others that I'm forgetting. (I'll come back and add them if I remember them later.)

So far I've found one way to post to at least half of the above list. Posterous allows you to post to many locations just by sending email to your Posterous account. It even allows you to send to just one, some, or all depending the email address you use.

There are a couple of reasons I'm cautious about Posterous:
  1. It stores images and video on their system
  2. for many of the services above Posterous inserts a promotional footer
  3. any more?

No comments: